The Indian government’s Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana central sector program offers income support to farmers and their families. The Telangana government originally operated the PM-KISAN program as the Rythu Bandhu program, which gave a specific sum of money directly to qualified farmers. Later, on February 1, 2019, Piyush Goyal declared the rollout of this program as a national initiative during the 2019 Interim Union Budget of India.
On February 24, 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana program in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh. All small and marginal farmers would get income assistance under this program in the amount of Rs. 6,000 annually in three instalments, which will be put into their bank accounts. The whole annual cost of this programme, which is expected to be Rs. 75,000 crore, will be covered by the Union Government.
About Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana – Key Features of Scheme
The table below provides the features of the PM-KISAN scheme:
|Name of the scheme||PM-KISAN Yojana|
|Full-Form||Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana|
|Date of launch||24th February 2019|
|Government Ministry||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare|
Objectives of the PM KISAN Scheme
The Indian government runs the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana as a central sector program. To assist numerous small and marginal farmers in diversifying their sources of income, this initiative was established. The main objectives of the PM-KISAN plan are listed below:
- To provide all eligible landowner farmers, their families, and any other eligible recipients with financial aid.
- The PM-KISAN plan also aims to supplement the farmers’ financial needs in order to ensure optimal crop health and enough yields that are in accordance with anticipated farm revenue.
- According to the initiative, additional PM-KISAN coverage would be provided to almost 14.5 crore people. The Central Government would be responsible for paying the anticipated cost of Rs. 87,217.50 crores, which would go toward covering approximately 2 crore more farmers.
Eligibility to avail of Benefits under the PM KISAN Scheme
To qualify for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, any small or marginal farmer must not meet the following requirements. Some of the beneficiary groups listed below are not qualified to receive benefits under this program:
- Any institutional land-holders.
- The farmer falls into each of the above categories, as does any family member.
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers
- Former or present members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils
- Former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations
- Former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- Any officers in active service or in retirement, as well as staff members working for Central or State Government Ministries, Offices, or Departments.
- All retired pensioners who get a monthly pension of at least Rs. 10,000 fall under the aforementioned group.
- This program disqualifies everyone who paid income tax in the most recent assessment year.
- Professionals who have registered with professional organisations, such as doctors, engineers, lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and architects, do what they do for a living.
The following documentation must be produced by farmers who qualify for the program in order to be verified:
- Citizenship certificate
- Landholding papers
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
Advantages of the PM KISAN Scheme
The benefits and effects of the PM-KISAN programmes are listed below:
- One of the major benefits of this plan is the immediate transmission of cash. On December 25, 2020, Rs. 18,000 crore was immediately deposited to the bank accounts of 9 crore farmers in the presence of PM Narendra Modi.
- Farmers’ registration and money transfers are made simple by the digital storage of all official records relevant to them. Digital records have given this help initiative a new start.
- This scheme eases the liquidity constraints of farmers
- PM-KISAN yojana is a big step towards the Government’s initiatives of the modernisation of agriculture
- There is no discrimination in choosing the PM KISAN beneficiaries
Pmkisan.gov.in Beneficiary Status 2023
|Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana|
|Beneficiaries||Small & Marginal Farmers|
|Authority||Ministry of Agriculture & Farmer Welfare|
|Total beneficiaries||More than 10 Crore Farmers|
|Total Installments||3 Installments|
|Upcoming Installment||PM Kisan 15th Installment|
|PM Kisan 15th Installment Date||October, 2023|
|Who will Release||Prime Minister Sh Narendra Modi|
|PM Kisan Status Check||Online by Registration or Mobile Number|
|PM Kisan 15th Installment List 2023||October, 2023|
|Beneficiary Status||Available Online|
|Type of Article||Yojana|
Release Date for PM Kisan’s 15th Installment List in 2023
- The Press Information Bureau has announced that the PM Kisan 15th Installment was released by Prime Minister Modi in October 2023.
- Each beneficiary will receive an instalment payment of ₹2,000 in their bank account that is connected to their PM Kisan account through NPCI.
- However, all the farmers who have registered for the scheme should check the PM Kisan 15th Installment List 2023 which will be released in October 2023.
- To verify that their names are included in the Pmkisan.gov.in Beneficiary List 2023, farmers may check their PM Kisan Status on the portal.
- Simple details such as Registration Number or Village Name are required to check the Status or Beneficiary List.