The Xiaomi 14 and 14 Pro are now available in China, making this lineup the first to use the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 in a flagship smartphone. Although the new smartphones have not yet been revealed to the international market, the China unveiling offers us a decent idea of what to anticipate from Xiaomi’s newest and best models. The Xiaomi 14 and Xiaomi 14 Pro are priced in the premium range, as was to be expected. The camera, chipset, and display are the main areas that have changed.
The Xiaomi 14 has four microphones for audio, Dolby Atmos® dual speakers, and a USB 3.2 Gen1 5Gbps connector that can transfer data ten times faster than the previous version. For a more compact experience, we have also included a bespoke high-vibration X-axis linear motor. It works similarly to the Xiaomi 13 Ultra.
The prices of smartphones in China and India may differ, but this provides us with a general indication of how much we can anticipate Xiaomi will charge for the 14 series. Up to 16GB of RAM and 1 TB of internal storage are available for the new Xiaomi 14 and Xiaomi 14 Pro. Based on Android 14, Xiaomi’s new HyperOS operating system is also exclusive to these two phones.
In addition, Xiaomi 14’s battery management system makes use of both a Xiaomi Surge G1 battery management processor and a Xiaomi Surge P2 charging chipset to achieve high-efficiency battery management and quick charging. The device can be fully charged fast to satisfy users’ daily needs thanks to 90W wired and 50W wireless hypercharging capabilities. It has a 4610mAh high energy density battery that provides consistent battery life.
Also Read This: Best phones under Rs 15,000
Xiaomi 14 Series Price
The Xiaomi 14’s base model, which comes with 8GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage, is priced at CNY 3999, or around Rs 50,000. The most expensive model, which comes with 1TB of storage and 16GB of RAM, costs CNY 4999 (about Rs 56,000). The Xiaomi 14 Pro starts at CNY 4999 (about Rs 56,000) and comes with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage. The most expensive model, which comes with 1TB of storage and 16GB of RAM, costs CNY 6,499 (about Rs 74,000).
Xiaomi 14 Pro Specifications
- Operating System and Processor: The Xiaomi 14 Pro is a dual SIM (Nano) device that runs on the company’s new HyperOS interface. It is powered by the brand-new 4nm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset
- Display: The phone features a 6.73-inch 2.5D LTPO display with a 2K resolution (1,440×3,200 pixels) and supports up to a 120Hz refresh rate
- Memory and Storage: It comes with up to 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM and up to 1TB of UFS 4.0 onboard storage.
- Camera: The Xiaomi 14 Pro boasts a Leica-branded triple rear camera unit with a Summilux lens. The setup includes a 50-megapixel Hunter 900 sensor with optical image stabilisation (OIS) and f/1.6 aperture, a 50-megapixel telephoto camera, and a 50-megapixel ultra-wide angle shooter. For selfies and video chats, there is a 32-megapixel front camera.
- Connectivity and Sensors: The phone supports connectivity options such as 5G, Wi-Fi 7, USB 3.2 port, Bluetooth, GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, Beidou, NavIC, and a USB Type-C port. It also includes an array of sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, e-compass, proximity sensor, linear motor, IR blaster, flicker sensor, and colour sensor. The phone comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor and supports face unlock.
- Audio and Gaming Features: The handset features stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support and includes an X-axis linear vibration motor for an enhanced gaming experience.
- Battery: The Xiaomi 14 Pro houses a 4,880mAh battery with support for both 120W wired charging and 50W wireless charging. It also supports 10W wireless reverse charging.
- Durability: Both models in the new series are IP68-rated for dust and water resistance.
Also Read This: Highly Anticipated Smartphones Set To Launch In October 2023
Xiaomi 14 Specifications
- Operating System and Processor: The Xiaomi 14 shares the same SIM and software specifications as the Xiaomi 14 Pro. It is also powered by a Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC
- Display: The device features a 6.36-inch LTPO AMOLED display with a 1.5K resolution (1,200×2,600 pixels), 460ppi pixel density, and an adaptive refresh rate ranging from 1Hz to 120Hz. The screen is rated to deliver a peak brightness of 3000 nits and full DC dimming
- Memory and Storage: The phone comes with up to 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 1TB of UFS 4.0 storage
- Camera: The Xiaomi 14 also boasts a 50-megapixel triple rear camera setup and a 32-megapixel selfie camera
- Connectivity and Sensors: The connectivity options and sensors on the Xiaomi 14 are identical to those on the Xiaomi 14 Pro
- Battery: The Xiaomi 14 is equipped with a 4,610mAh battery that supports both 90W wired charging and 50W wireless charging. It also supports 10W wireless reverse charging.